Welcome to Saving Well Spending Less™!

Here you will find a great selection of grocery store matchups, online deals and hot coupon alerts, as well as our weekly savings tips and lots of information about how to start using coupons. We encourage you to join our active Facebook community or subscribe to our free eNewsletter to have our deals and matchups delivered directly to your inbox each day.

walmart: 8/4

by Mark on August 4, 2011

Here are this week’s Walmart matchups.

Remember to compare these prices to competitors fliers, and price match when you find a better deal – even for your weekly shopping items such as milk, eggs, and produce! Make sure you check the HOT! list for great everyday savings!

Walmart matchups are a little different than other stores because they rarely put out a weekly sales flyer, and when they do most of the prices advertised are their regular “Everyday Low Prices,” rather than a special sale. Thus, most of the match-ups on this list are “Every Day Low Price” items that match up well with coupons that are currently available. The prices are gathered by physically going to the store and recording prices, then matching up current coupons. If you haven’t seen previous week’s matchups, be sure to look at those, as most of the deals are still current (as long as the coupon can still be printed or isn’t expired).

Please remember that prices on this list may vary by location!

Walmart’s new coupon policy is very friendly towards couponers AND allows for overage, so there are some great opportunities for saving. Walmart also does price matching for advertised sale prices, and BOGO if a price is listed. They also accept coupons for price matched items, which can really add up the savings! Be sure to print a copy of the Walmart Coupon Policy to take with you.

As always, note that links to printable coupons are subject to expire at any time. If you come across a link that has expired, please let me know in the comment section below and I will try to remove it. Thanks!

This Week's HOT List (Freebies, MMs, & Stockpile Prices)

Frozen
Grocery
Meat, Poultry, & Seafood
Household/Personal

{ 11 comments… read them below or add one }

dana August 5, 2011 at 5:46 am

Question – had a trip to walmart and was going to get the tampax pearl deal, $1q as well as bogo, however, the checker informed me that I was stacking coupons and couldn’t do it – 10 o’clock at night and didn’t feel like arguing and forget I had my coupon policy. Is this right? Reading the coupon policy it doesn’t sound right to me, the $q was for the one I bought and the bogo q was for the free one. That was my interpretation. Any thoughts? Thanks for any help.

Natalie August 5, 2011 at 6:08 am

I’ve had some cashiers who would let me stack and some who would not…heck I’ve had cashiers who straight up didnt want to let me use just a regular coupon because it would make the item free! (I’d still have to pay sales tax of course) Their official coupon policy says that you can do this type of deal though. Sometimes you just have to keep in mind that cashiers at large stores especially have so many different policies to remember its often hard for them to remember the ones they dont run into that often…Like ppl stacking coupons. Try again, take your coupon policy print out and try with a different cashier. If that cashier doesnt want to let you do the deal then bring out the policy and if all else fails involve the manager. Couponing isnt always easy but if youre getting an insanely good deal its worth all the hassle in the end :)

dana August 5, 2011 at 6:15 am

thanks for the info – I will try again, maybe with the kids in tow, that’s always fun ;-)
I was just ready to be done, so I didn’t push but I’ll make sure I try harder next time.

Stacey August 6, 2011 at 8:09 pm

Can you tell me if you found the Post It flags? I went to 2 Wal-marts and did not see them anywhere. Thanks.

Allison August 7, 2011 at 5:01 pm

Has anyone else noticed the Cascade Action Packs 3ct are gone from the store? I went to Walmart today and I asked a person stocking the shelves and they said they got deleted from their store list and probably won’t be carrying them for a while. Has anyone else ran into this?

Randi August 8, 2011 at 12:40 am

I did not find the cascade travel size at any of the walmarts in my area, however I did go to Target today and found them hidden in the middle of all the regular size cascade products. They were $1.09 but I still figured it was a good buy!

Sarah August 10, 2011 at 1:59 am

i couldnt find them at my walmart either. but i do know that every walmart stock different items. they research the areas and see what people buy and dont buy. i recently moved to a town with a high hispanic and amish population. we have a whole aisle of hispanic food compared to one shelf of hispanic food at the walmart at my old town. we also have aisles full of lamp oil. and have a barn outside for the amish to park their horse and bugies/wagons while the shop! lol.

Allison August 12, 2011 at 2:34 am

Thanks Randi, Sarah, and Jan!

I will check by Target this weekend to see. My walmart had them for the past 3-4 weeks and I bought plenty every time, but they got rid of them completely at my store. Hopefully Target has the Tide too.

I live in Texas so there is a huge Hispanic market too, but no Amish folks here. That would be pretty odd to have a whole aisle for oils and such.

I will look again Jan in the trial section. I bought some of the free degree deodorant when I went last week, and hopefully I just overlooked it!

Thanks again!

Jan Mullen August 11, 2011 at 4:34 am

I finally found the cascade trial packs at my local store (Auburn Maine) last week. They were in the travel size area as well on the shelf and a seperate display in the dishwashing supplies area. Funny after searching for 3 weeks they had them in 3 different spots. Keep looking when you go shopping there. You never know when or where a product might end up. I am going back for 3 more packs soon . IF they still have them that is. LOL Who knows. Good luck! Jan

Kristine Larson August 15, 2011 at 4:50 am

I found a great Peelie on the Kellogg’s Special K Multigrain Oats & Honey cereal that I bought at Walmart yesterday ($2.98 per box shelf price). I had a coupon for $1.50 off 2 Kellogg’s cereal (the Q specified certain cereals, like the one above and Kellogg’s Crunchy Nut cereal, for example- I don’t remember the expiration date). I noticed the Special K had a peelie on it for $1 off fruit purchase so I was able to get some free nectarines (2 for .66) and had .34 Q overage too. Nice!

Kelley August 22, 2011 at 2:32 pm

Hi, has anyone else found the gillette fusion proglide gift set listed here for $4.97? I found one gift set, but it was priced at $14.00. I would love to get this deal before these P&G’s expire at the end of the month. Thanks.